Sunday, November 13, 2011
Adventure Golf
After spending all our time teaching and trying to be mature around high school students, sometimes it's fun to pretend we're back in high school ourselves :) So on our date nights, we find ourselves walking through the mall holding hands or going to the drive-in movie theater. We also each have a competitive streak, so we've faced off at the bowling alley and the arcade. (We're not going to discuss what happened at the basketball free throw game at the arcade, but suffice to say that David's professional basketball career is not progressing all that quickly.) But so far, the most epic showdown has been at Adventure Golf. Not putt-putt golf like in the States, where you hit a ball across a small green into a whole. No, this is a whole other ball game, with bridges, tunnels, caves, and holes long enough that I'm tired just walking to the end of it. And there's not 1 but 3 courses at Brightwater Commons, just waiting for us. Hannah and I each bring different skills to course - I'm a bit better at the long shots, while she is the master at the short-distance putts. In our first face-off, I pulled off a victory with my male ego nicely inflated. But we immediately hit the second course, and this time Hannah took the lead, coming at two shots ahead as we went into the final hole. Then tragedy struck, and the ball refused to obey Hannah's wishes on the last hole, allowing me to sneak out a win. Good times all around, and certainly a place we will be going back to. And in true David style, I have created a spreadsheet to track how we do on each of the courses through time - yes, I'm a dork :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my, Hannah, I'm rooting for you, though David, Jeff has your back all the way and would probably love to see that spreadsheet. Keep having fun!
ReplyDelete